Society for Emergency Medicine India
- To promote and improve the standards of emergency healthcare in India.
- To promote academic and scientific activity in the field of emergency medicine in India.
- To promote awareness among fellow doctors and public regarding emergency care.
- To maintain the honor and dignity of the medical profession in general and the members in particular.
- To promote co-operation among its members.
- To ensure adequate numbers of suitably trained staff and other resources so as to meet and maintain the standards.
- To publish scientific papers, journals, monographs and textbooks aimed at upgrading the knowledge and skill.
- To support and encourage research in the field of emergency medicine.
- To conduct regular conferences and CMEs to empower knowledge and skills.
- To promote high standards in the diagnosis and management of acute and critical aspects of illness and injury affecting patients of all age groups.
- To facilitate universities, medical colleges, academic institutes and hospitals in India to start structured emergency medicine postgraduate training in India.