Organized by Department of Pediatrics at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, and Society for Emergency Medicine India (SEMI)Read More
SEMI Vision 2020 is effective from November 2016 – November 2020
- To bring recognition on to all academic training programs that are creating emergency physicians for India, and integrate those under one single standardized board certification.
- To spread awareness about emergency medicine specialty among healthcare & non-healthcare professionals, and general public.
- To maintain unity among the different groups of emergency physicians in India, and to channel their strengths towards EM development.
- To improve emergency medical care in non-urban and rural communities.
- To incorporate appropriate emergency medicine training within MBBS and postgraduate curriculum.
- To create standardized patient treatment and emergency department process guidelines.
- To promote gender equality in EM training, employment & governance; to remove gender bias and discrimination from patient care.
- To promote research in EM and publication of research.
- To promote more conferences & CMEs in emergency medicine.
- To provide free first-aid & BLS training to the public.
- To facilitate EM faculty development and leadership activities.
- To develop pre-hospital emergency care and pediatric emergency medicine.
Society for Emergency Medicine India (SEMI) has successfully launched the first set of National Basic Life Support (NBLS) courses on 28th October 2018, in Hyderabad city.
This great launch was assisted by emergency medicine departments of multiple hospitals in Hyderabad. Teams of life-support instructors conducted NBLS sessions for non-healthcare personnel at multiple locations, and trained more than 1500 people in just 2 weeks. NBLS is part of SEMI initiative to bring awareness in common public about emergency conditions and to train them to identify, act immediately before reaching to emergency experts/hospitals.
SEMI recommends all the emergency medicine departments in the country to conduct NBLS uniformly and periodically to build the community trust in the emergency care.